Refrigerator Recycling Pricing
Prices are all-inclusive and include removal of the items from your home / property, finding a new home for them if possible, and recycling / disposing responsibly (including any associated fees) if not.
Refrigerator Recycling Made Easy!
It used to be pretty common for refrigerators to just get hauled to the dump.
But as time went on, we realized that some of that stuff we were tossing in the dump was not only inefficient to throw away, but outright hazardous.
Freon is the prime example. Freon and other refrigerants are required to allow refrigerators to do what they do. Refrigerators compress and decompress refrigerant chemicals to raise/lower the temperature of a coil, which allows them to blow cold air into the fridge, even though the room is warm.
Seemingly magical fluids like freon are great for keeping food cold, but they’re not great for the environment. And every time a fridge got thrown in the dump instead of being taken to a refrigerator recycling center, it would get crushed. And that meant the freon went into the atmosphere.
Now refrigerators frequently include electronics as well. And again, while those circuit boards make our lives much better, throwing them in the dump can be environmentally harmful due to some of the chemicals in the circuit boards.
We now have technologies where refrigerator recyclers can pump down the refrigerant and reclaim/recycle it, as well as recycle the circuit board materials. And while they’re at it, they strip out other useful metal, wire, and other things that are better recycled than disposed of.
The unfortunate side effect of laws requiring refrigerators to be recycled is that a lot of people just don’t want used refrigerators anymore.
New refrigerators are more efficient and offer more features, and since the main cost of a refrigerator is the monthly electric bill, it can be hard to get rid of even good, working used refrigerators.
This is where you find yourself staring at your old fridge, and Googling “refrigerator recycling near me”.
Fortunately, you’re already on this page – so we’ll let you skip the Google search. Here are your options.
DIY Refrigerator Recycling
Like many junk removal projects, hauling a refrigerator off to be recycled isn’t a super-complicated job – but these things are both big and heavy, so you’ll want to have a good back and a large vehicle. Like many other large items, an appliance dolly is helpful.
You’ll need to haul the refrigerator out, load it into a vehicle or onto a trailer, and drive it off to a recycling center. They’ll charge you a fee to recycle your old refrigerator.
Semi-DIY Refrigerator Recycling
If you have the ability to move the refrigerator outside, but don’t have a vehicle large enough to haul the refrigerator, you can do most of the work yourself.
You’ll still probably want something like an appliance dolly to help you get the refrigerator out of the house, but if your fridge still works sometimes you can get lucky by putting the fridge out on the curb with a sign that says “FREE – WORKS”. Somebody might take it.
If the fridge doesn’t work at all, or if nobody takes it when you put it on the curb, call your local recycling company and ask them if they do refrigerator pickups. They’ll quote you a rate.
Complete Refrigerator Recycling Service
This is where we come in. If you’d prefer not to deal with refrigerator removal at all, we’re happy to help!
Just schedule an appointment with us, and we’ll show up, haul the old refrigerator out of your house without banging up your doors or walls, and take the refrigerator off to be recycled. All recycling fees are included in our pricing, so you just write one check.
Just like our DIY option, we’ll take it someplace like First Choice Recycling where hazardous chemicals can be reclaimed and the rest can be recycled appropriately.
Getting Your Junk Removed Is Fast & Easy!
We make it easy to turn your junk into a distant memory. Whether you call us or use our online form, our junk removal pros will make the process quick & simple.
- Give us a call, or fill out our online form. We'll figure out what you have, and what it will take to get it out. In rare circumstances we may ask you to text / email us photos, or for large projects we may schedule a time to stop out and take a first-hand look.
- We'll quote you an exact price. This price will always be what you'll pay for the junk removal you requested - there are never any hidden fees or upcharges!
- If everything sounds good to you, we'll schedule a time to pick up your junk. We don't have to call you multiple times to make sure you'll be available - we agree up-front, and we keep our word.
- Before we arrive, if there are any items bolted to walls, appliances connected to gas lines / electric, or anything else that's otherwise secured we always appreciate it if you can un-bolt, disconnect, and generally make your junk ready for removal. If this isn't possible, our junk removal experts will handle it for you!
- At the time of your appointment, our junk removal professionals show up when we promised, in uniform, and ready to work.
- We load up everything we agreed. If you find more stuff you want us to haul while we're there, we'll either just take it (we're not going to charge you for a desk lamp!) or we'll give you an on-the-spot add-on price for whatever it is.
- You pay us the agreed-upon amount by cash or credit card (preferred!), or check (if necessary). You'll never pay more than what we quoted you.
- Your junk rides off into the sunset, never to be seen (by you at least!) ever again.
The fastest and best way to get a fast, free quote from us is to text us at (715) 333-3643 or click the button in the lower right hand corner of this site to open a live chat. If you prefer communicating via email, please use the form below.
Junk Removal Service Area
We serve Eau Claire, Chippewa, Dunn, and St. Croix counties including: