Refrigerator Removal & Disposal Pricing
Prices are all-inclusive and include removal of the items from your home / property, finding a new home for them if possible, and recycling / disposing responsibly (including any associated fees) if not.
Refrigerator Disposal, Pickup And Removal Made Easy!
You just bought a nice new refrigerator. It’s just the right size, it fits your kitchen perfectly, and it might even have some nice-to-haves like a video screen and a fancy water/ice system.
You’re going to love this new fridge.
But you know what you’re not going to love? The fact that you have to get rid of the old one.
Sure, if it’s still in good shape you might move it out to the garage and use it for the occasional party, or to store cold beverages.
But if you’re like many of our customers, the reason you got a new fridge is because the old one isn’t really good for much of anything – and it has to go.
These things are huge, they’re heavy, they frequently have sharp edges if you’re getting near the bottom of the unit, and they’re just obnoxious to try to move. Add to that the fact that they contain hazardous waste in the form of refrigerant, so you can’t just throw them out.
This is the part where you find yourself standing there after the new fridge arrives and screaming “Hey Siri, find refrigerator disposal near me”
Hey, you’re in the right place! Let’s lay the options out.
DIY Refrigerator Disposal
Like many junk removal projects, refrigerator removal and disposal isn’t a super-complicated job – but it typically requires both a strong back and a suitable vehicle. If you can find and rent an appliance dolly, it will make it much easier to lug the refrigerator out of your home.
You’ll need to haul the refrigerator out, load it into a large minivan or pickup truck, and drive it off to a recycling center. They’ll charge you a fee to recycle your old refrigerator.
Semi-DIY Refrigerator Disposal
If you have the strong back and the help, but either don’t have the vehicle or don’t feel like loading it up and hauling it, you can do most of the work yourself.
You’ll still likely want an appliance dolly to help you get it out of the house, but if your fridge still works sometimes just putting the fridge curbside with a sign that says “FREE – WORKS” gets somebody to take it.
If the fridge doesn’t work at all, call your local garbage company and ask them if they do bulk item pickups. Let them know you need a refrigerator disposed of, and let them quote you a rate. Although this is worth a try, most garbage companies will not take appliances.
Complete Refrigerator Removal & Disposal Service
This is where we come in. If you’d prefer not to tackle your refrigerator removal project, just pick up the phone.
We’ll show up promptly, get the old refrigerator out of your house without banging up your walls or doors, and handle the refrigerator recycling and disposal.
Just like our DIY option, we’ll take it someplace like First Choice Recycling where hazardous chemicals can be reclaimed and the rest can be recycled appropriately.
While we are hauling your refrigerator, remember that we take all appliances including that old dehumidifier that has been collecting dust since it went out 3 years ago.
Getting Your Junk Removed Is Fast & Easy!
We make it easy to turn your junk into a distant memory. Whether you call us or use our online form, our junk removal pros will make the process quick & simple.
- Give us a call, or fill out our online form. We'll figure out what you have, and what it will take to get it out. In rare circumstances we may ask you to text / email us photos, or for large projects we may schedule a time to stop out and take a first-hand look.
- We'll quote you an exact price. This price will always be what you'll pay for the junk removal you requested - there are never any hidden fees or upcharges!
- If everything sounds good to you, we'll schedule a time to pick up your junk. We don't have to call you multiple times to make sure you'll be available - we agree up-front, and we keep our word.
- Before we arrive, if there are any items bolted to walls, appliances connected to gas lines / electric, or anything else that's otherwise secured we always appreciate it if you can un-bolt, disconnect, and generally make your junk ready for removal. If this isn't possible, our junk removal experts will handle it for you!
- At the time of your appointment, our junk removal professionals show up when we promised, in uniform, and ready to work.
- We load up everything we agreed. If you find more stuff you want us to haul while we're there, we'll either just take it (we're not going to charge you for a desk lamp!) or we'll give you an on-the-spot add-on price for whatever it is.
- You pay us the agreed-upon amount by cash or credit card (preferred!), or check (if necessary). You'll never pay more than what we quoted you.
- Your junk rides off into the sunset, never to be seen (by you at least!) ever again.
Junk Removal Service Area
We serve Eau Claire, Chippewa, Dunn, and St. Croix counties including: